**** This job has been archived. ***
Our prestigious client based in Buckingham is currently seeking a Line Leader to join their assembly team.
Salary: £23,000- £24,000 depending on experience
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am- 5pm, Fri 8am to 1pm (39 hrs)
Full-time, Permanent position
Our client supplies, designs and manufactures products for premium brands and are unique in their field in that they undertake all aspects of design and manufacturing at their site in Buckingham.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor assembly process and carry out basic testing and quality checks
- Process documentation needed for production
- Make quality control checks on products
- Record how much raw material has been used and the number of items produced
- Train/ mentor less experienced operators
- Report equipment faults to maintenance staff.
- Set and operate hand- controlled or computer- controlled machines and fit parts to machinery and equipment
- Assemble goods on a production line
- Build up components and sub- assemblies into finished lamps
- Finishing products such as applying protective coatings, bonding
- Rework of plastic parts according to quality standards
- Pack and seal goods using appropriate materials ready for shipment
- Weight and label packaged goods and stack them appropriately
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Support, comply and ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations and all other company policies and procedures.
- Previous manufacturing/ assembly experience and ability to work across most/all areas of assembly processes and working with sub- assemblies
- Basic understanding of assembly equipment used to aid manual assembly operations Ability to work as part of a team and working with sub- assemblies
- Able to train trainee operators
- Able to travel to suppliers on a regular basis
- Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision and to strict timescales
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Quick learner
- Good manual dexterity
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/ cost of poor quality
- Understand of lean manufacturing and 5s (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain).
- Understanding of Production costs (waste, downtime, scrap and re-work).