**** This job has been archived. ***
-Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
-Hours: Mon- Fri, 8.30am to 5.30pm. Occasional weekend work may be required.
Our client is looking for experienced and hard working Quantity Surveyor to join their dedicated team based in Bicester.
You will be responsible for all aspects of managing projects costs from the initial calculation to the final figures. You will be key in streamlining processes and procedure to minimise unnecessary expenditure. You will promote a right first time work ethos to ensure the smooth running of the projects whilst ensuring health and safety and standards are not compromised.
You will be involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work. When the project is in progress, you'll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
To successfully carry out your role, you'll need to:
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- advise on a procurement strategy;
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- allocate work to subcontractors;
- provide advice on contractual claims;
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- value completed work and arrange payments;
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.