**** This job has been archived. ***
-Salary: Upto £65,000
-Hours: Mon- Fri- 37.5hrs (Flexible hours)
-Excellent company benefits (holidays, pension, healthcare, medical cash plan, life insurance, voluntary benefits, and overtime)
Our client is looking for experienced, resilient and ATT or CTA qualified Tax Manager to join their Tax and Wealth Planning team in well established and growing accountancy practice based in Banbury.
The main purpose of the role is to provide technical klowledge and experience to support the taxation services of the team as well as assisting with planning, organizing, leading and controlling the work of the Tax and Wealth Planning Department.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 5 years proven tax experience within a practice environment as well as 2 years tax experience at manager level.
The candidate must have in depth Corporate/ Business Tax and Personal Tax knowledge as well as knowledge of tax return production software. The candidate will have great communication skills; verbal and written and attention to detail.
- ATT , CTA or equivalent qualification, Degree or equivalent
- Qualified in ACCA or ICAEW
- Minimum of 5 years proven tax experience within a practice environment
- 2 years proven tax experience as a manager
- In depth corporate/ Business Tax and Personal Tax knowledge
- Knowledge of Tax return production software and their uses and benefits
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills resulting in high performance teams.
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and idea generation ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Highly confidential
- Good networking skills and analytical skills
- Provide exceptional levels of service to both Corporate and Personal clients on a wide variety of tax specific areas (strategic planning, transactional advice and managing project work).
- Work with Partners to create and deliver innovative solutions for our clients (tax planning, delivering unique benefit to existing and potential clients).
- Provide support and assistance in the management of tax compliance activities, including reviewing tax work prepared by more junior staff.
- Working independently and assisting the Partners in taking responsibility for the proactive promotion of the Firm.
- Actively promoting the growth of the Firm in key geographical regions, requiring to travel to Kettering and other sites when required.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their business to become the point of contact on day-to-day matters for assigned clients.
- Manager Tax and Wealth Planning Department to meet departmental objectives through planning (completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, providing feedback and training)
- Along with the Partners, take ownership of controlling WIP by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly.