**** This job has been archived. ***
-Salary: £24,000- £26,000
-Hours: Mon- Fri- 37.5hrs (Flexible hours)
-Excellent company benefits (holidays, pension, healthcare, medical cash plan, life insurance, voluntary benefits, and overtime)
Our client is looking for experienced and resilient Bookkeeper to join their Corporate Services team in well established and growing accountancy practice based in Banbury.
The main purpose of the role is to provide high quality Bookkeeping service to clients and contribute to development of the Firm.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 4 years bookkeeping experience in a freelance or a practice environment and good overall business knowledge.
The candidate must be willing to continuously develop their performance/ knowledge/ skills and have great communication skills; verbal and written and attention to detail.
- A-Levels or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent experience and AAT or equivalent desirable
- Minimum of 4 years bookkeeping experience
- Experience in a freelance or practice environment
- Good overall business knowledge
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Highly confidential
- Good networking skills and analytical skills
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with clients to obtain relevant information needed to prepare computerised bookkeeping records
- Desktop and cloud based computerised book-keeping and ledger maintenance
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and other ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of client VAT returns and ensuring compliance with all VAT matters
- Finalise paperwork for send off to client and HMRC often working to tight deadlines
- Assisting clients with accountancy software and other bookkeeping queries
- Assisting clients and internal staff with installation of cloud based accountancy systems
- Identify points for Partner to raise with clients
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Attend relevant courses